Geospatial Data Architect (m/f/x)
Job Vacancy No. 3970
This project will benefit from a unique working environment:
- The hosting team (GFZ section 2.6) has a strong expertise in all aspects of seismic hazard and risk and is actively developing earthquake source models, ground motion models, and exposure models.
- The hosting team is also developing and operating a testing center for evaluating all components of the hazard and risk chain.
- The exposure model is computationally expensive and the hosting section offers the hardware for all challenging tasks.
- The recruited researcher will be integrated in the European project infrastructure and collaborating teams.
- develop the full computational chain for building-by-building exposure
- develop the rapid dissemination mechanism for exposure data
- develop the rule-based engine for the assessment of exposure indicators
- maintain large databases and complex software systems
- manage the open-source community around the exposure model software system and the respective repositories
- maintain the websites disseminating the exposure model and providing documentation
- develop procedures for integrating exposure data of various resolution (country-wide aggregates, region-specific aggregates, building-by-building information) in a fully probabilistic sense, creating fully probabilistic exposure indicators for risk and loss computations
- develop the integration of low-cost acceleration sensor data for exposure and loss modeling
- develop the integration of rapid damage reports through drone imagery into loss modeling
- organize crowd-sourced mapathons or data capturing
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Geoinformatics, Computer Science or comparable IT-related courses of study
- advanced experience with large-scale computing and data handling, virtualization and containerization
- advanced experience with OpenStreetMap data, in particular building data, and the OpenStreetMap software stack
- experience with the community aspects of OpenStreetMap and other open data or software products, i.e. governance in open-source projects, crowd-sourcing, data protection
- international experience and development background
- experience in participatory technologies and community involvement
- willingness to work in an international, interdisciplinary team
- willingness to extensively travel with focus on Europe and East Asia
Fixed term: 24 months
Salary: The salary grouping will be determined by the conditions of the collective wage agreement “TVöD Bund (Tarifgebiet Ost)” and the appropriate personal qualifications. Depending on the status of applications, the provision of an above tariff and advanced pay scale in addition to an additional temporary IT specialist can be considered.
Working hours: full-time (currently 39 h/week); The position is, in principle, suitable for part-time employment.